Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ama-Zone = E-Gold?

I am clearing my bookmark links of the old HYIPs I invested. As a practice, I just click to see what becomes of the site. Whether it still exists or morphs into something else, you know.

And what a surprise I have after clicking this old link to Ama-Zone. A phishing site for E-Gold? You must be kidding me.

I played around clicking the links on the site. It's using a frame to pull the real pages from E-Gold, so you get the whole works including the turing number. I'm sure Ama-Zone will intercept your data once you push the button to request for your E-Gold account information. And you know of course the next minute your E-Gold will be hacked.

Not a particularly sophisticated phish site. It doesn't duplicate everything from the real stuff. I don't feel anyone will really get conned here. Still, you never know. Anyway, you have been warned.

No comments: