Saturday, July 16, 2005

Referral surprise.

There I was talking about referrals in my last blog, and an experience popped into my head I'm sharing with you now.

You know I invest in Sunflower Seed from my earlier blog, don't you?

Because I invested in the daily interest plan, I logged in the next day to peek at my balances. Surprise, surprise. I got referral bonuses from not 1, not 2, but 3 referrals!

That was quick, I thought. I had never been so good in getting referrals before. Since I had started advertising my referal link at the usual autosurf sites I joined, I put it down as a fluke and went over to FeederFund to check the balances. Casually I skipped over to my referral statistics.

37! My gosh! 37 referrals!

I had been with FeederFund for 3-4 months. The last referral check in early Jun 2005 was still a big fat 0.

37!<

A pleasant shock!

I raked my brain. What had I done right?

I didn't do nothing drastically different except I became active at Fastmarket forum in June 2005. And I put my referral links for FeederFund and Sunflower Seed in my forum signature.

That's it.

A simple act of adding your referral links in your forum signature can dramatically increase your referrals.

Before you go trigger happy filling up your forum signatures with all sorts of referral links, let me put this in perspective.

I have a few other links in there with FeederFund and Sunflower Seed. At last count, I got:

My analysis:

  • FeederFund - Its home page tells you nothing except that you need a referrer code to get in if you're not a member. It's free to join. I guess most landing at the home page just sign up without a blink. So this one is a kind of forced referral.
  • Sunflower Seed - You can gather all the essential information at the home page without signing up. Since it is refreshingly new and exciting, a handful just went ahead to join and invest.
  • Others -
    1. HYIP - Invex is in there. But maybe it is relatively well known in the HYIP field, nobody signed up under me.
    2. Misc - MyFeederPage and MyFreeShares are probably the wrong cup of tea for the HYIP players.

My analysis may or may not be correct, but my feeling is this:

Don't ever under estimate the impact of a simple action. It may just make or break you.

1 comment:

Vic said...

No fee bro. But since I'm still learning, maybe you can help pay my tution fee? :)